Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OT] How to transfer data from one computer to another.?

In article , TMC
scribeth thus

"Donwill" wrote in message
I have a lap top at home and a net book for going on holiday with,
unfortunately the net book does not have a CD Drive so I cannot load in the
user's manual for my recently purchased camera. I can however load it into
the lap top.
How do I transfer the info from one to the other please, can I just
connect from one to the other via their respective usb ports and is there
software available in XP to transfer the data?
Don

Surprised no one mentioned one of these

http://www.islandextra.com/products/...herals/ecdd-a-
external-usb-portable-24x-cd-rom-drive.html?gclid=COz22NqwuqACFZlg4wodLT_WUQ

Regards

I presume that both units have Ethernet ports thereon?.

If so couple of CAT 5 cables and a cheap port or switch more than likely
the ADSL router has a few ports on it, arrange the sharing put both
units in the same workgroup, and switch those folders you want on and
job done...
--
Tony Sayer