Posted to rec.woodworking
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Design for my garage shop

Just as a FWIW, let me admit to a minor boondoggle I did long ago.
Let's just say that I have a bit of experience as an electrician
wiring homes in the 60's, as a builder and as a woodworker.
However, I can also screw up and am not ashamed to admit it.

When I wired my own shop, I pulled in a 60a line to a load center
in my shop from my main household breaker box. I then got a
6-circuit little load center box and connected it up without much
thought. The box had 3 breakouts on the left and 3 breakouts on
the right. It was only when I began installing some tools that it
hit me like a ton of rocks: that's just 2 normal DP breakers and
2 SP breakers. In my own case, it was a simple task to pull out
the little box and substitute in a 12 circuit box with 6 knockouts
on each side. The little box became a load center on one of the
attics.

--
Nonny
When we talk to God, we're praying,