Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default "Earth" floating at 80-120V ... why?

John Rumm wrote:
Bob Minchin wrote:
Owain wrote:
On 14 Mar, 16:29, "ARWadsworth" wrote:
I got a phone call off a bloke complaining the metal backbox in the new
bathroom shaver point that he has fitted lights up his neon
screwdriver. ...
I am glad that he has taken his girlfriend away for a long weekend
as his
words "You do not get a shock when you poke the backbox with your
finger"
did worry me a little.

If he doesn't use the proper tool for one job ...

Owain

I thought these days one was supposed to use insulated sleeves when
poking boxes of any orientation.

But they dramatically reduce the sensitivity of your probing
equipment... ;-)

Glad you wrote that, just remove any ambiguity.

Dave