Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Precision Framing Square?

On 3/14/2010 12:32 PM, Doug White wrote:

I've heard of this approach, and the large square is probably close enough
to give it a shot. I suspect I'd have to beat the hell out of the smaller
square to get is closr to right.

It may help if you mention what it is that you are making that takes
that kind of "squaring" precision out of a framing square that is
normally good for the proverbial "1/8th in 8" on a good day (not
including pitch, rise and run, rafter layouts, etc, ot course.)?

When a competent carpenter/framer needs more of such precision over a
distance than inherent in a "framing square", he uses math.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08