Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Precision Framing Square?

On 3/14/10 10:58 AM, HeyBub wrote:
Doug White wrote:
Get this one from Harbor Freight;
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=9541

I'm usually the first guy to defend ol' HF, but I have yet to find an
accurate analog measuring device in their store. One day, I went in
looking for a square and tested out a bunch of that exact model and none
were square, and a good many of them had inaccurate scales. They
commonly did not start at "zero" at the corners.

I would go beyond the normal HF motto of buyer beware and say, just
avoid them for something like this. If not, make sure you have a way of
checking it for square and accuracy of the scale.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--