Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Saw Stop - Oregon

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:20:30 -0700, the infamous "Max"
scrawled the following:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"RonB" wrote
I know his intentions are good. But the kids who walk out of his shop
class are not going to be scared enough. It used to **** me off when
my high school shop teacher yelled about safety. I understand now.

If they start filling the schools with that technology, guess
what...............

RonB

So you think it is better to have a finger or two cut off to keep the kids
attention up?

*I* think it's better if the shop teacher does a better job of instruction
and supervision.
He said he would pay twice as much.................
If it's the school's money?

What is a (known liberal) teacher supposed to say, Max?

And at double Gass' prices, that's 6x the going rate for a top-notch
saw. After hearing Gass discuss it in that video for the Oregonian, I
see that he couldn't care less about fingers. He's simply going after
(a minimum of) half the difference between the cost of a saw and the
cost of an amputation repair. It's all financial to him.

Typical speaking weasel crap. A pox on all their houses.

--
No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up.
--Lily Tomlin