Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for Decks for dummies

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sat 13 Mar 2010 10:58:22a, The Daring Dufas told us...

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sat 13 Mar 2010 05:04:46a, don &/or Lucille told us...

Help is there any such thing a book thats assumes a person knows
little or nothing about decks? Can give variuos drawings ,plans?

Actually there is a book entitled Decks and Patios for Dummies...

http://www.amazon.com/Decks-Patios-Dummies-Robert-
Beckstrom/dp/0764550756/ref=sr_1_1/182-1120232-4939603?ie=UTF8&s=books&q
id= 1268499186&sr=1-1

This link might work better many:

http://tinyurl.com/ybdjbuu

TDD

I used to use "tinyurl" a lot until I learned that a long url enclosed by
almost always works as easily.

"We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on
our site"

Is what most people see with your link. I had to copy/paste the relevant
characters to get to the page. Also, I always use a shortened link
because even a longer working link will be truncated by follow up posts.
As you are well aware, sometimes the original post may not have been
propagated across all of the news servers. Disparate news readers may
handle the "" link method differently. I use Thunderbird (news reader
not wine) and it doesn't see but the first part of your link as such.
I might slip over to Google Groups to see how it handles your post.

TDD