Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Saw Stop - Oregon

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 18:51:43 -0800 (PST), the infamous RonB
scrawled the following:

On Mar 13, 7:53*pm, "LDosser" wrote:
http://www.oregonlive.com/business/i...wstop_saw_brak...

Some of the comments track remarkably with what has been said here.

This is absolutely frightening. That a small number of lawyers and
liberal courts can make decisions like this.

Also frightening is the comment made by the high school teacher who
has them in his shop.

"Two of them have been in John Stearns' woodshop class at Amity High
School. Stearns applied for grants to pay for two SawStop saws in
2008, which cost $7,400, about three times the price of other brands.
"I would pay twice as much for those saws to keep my kids from losing
their fingers," Stearns said. "Those two kids walked away without a
scratch. That's amazing. I don't know if I would go back to any other
saw."

They've gone up? They used to be "only" double the price of an
expensive saw. That effin', greedy, ******* attorney. (Yes, I'm being
redundant there.) And that brainless oaf, Stearns, playing right into
the other's hands. Sickening.

I know his intentions are good. But the kids who walk out of his shop
class are not going to be scared enough. It used to **** me off when
my high school shop teacher yelled about safety. I understand now.

If they start filling the schools with that technology, guess

All the graduates will get nicknames within 2 years.
'Lefty', 'Stubby', or 'Stumpy', I guess.

--
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study
mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and