Posted to rec.woodworking

Default low power drilling

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 14:01:38 -0600, the infamous
(Robert Bonomi) scrawled the following:

In article ,
LDosser wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
On 3/12/2010 10:08 PM, LDosser wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 00:30:52 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 3/11/2010 10:08 PM LDosser spake thus:

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:46:55 -0500,
wrote:

I've got myself into a situation -
I need to drill through 6 2X8 joists which are accessible only
from the one side. They are spaced 2 feet on centers. (need to
pull cable across to the center of the floor). The joists are
sitting directly on concrete, and the decking is 1 1/2" (you read
that right) plywood.

Hole saw and angle drill. One joist at a time.

So I'll ask you the same question I asked the other fellow who
suggested a
hole saw: how the hell is this guy supposed to get into that 7-1/2"
high
space to use it? You must think he's some kind of Houdini.

Buy a Boa?

Yeah, a boa contractor.

And if that doesn't work, Python it.

You're all going about it from the wrong end. This is a job for trained
termites.

Better yet, Carpenter Ants.

How are Richard and Karen's mother's sisters going to help with -this- problem?

Mandibularly, my dear Watson.

--
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study
mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and