Dave Plowman

Default Electrics and Expandable foam

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:
PVC windows don't have 240V electricity running through them.

UPVC doesn't have the plasticisers of PVC insulation either. I
wouldn't trust insulation in long-term contact with foam unless I had
some test results for how it held up. There are a lot of solvents
that _are_ known to have an adverse reaction on cable.

I'm aware of this, but I'd have *thought* there would be warnings about
using foam on cable if it were a problem - after all it's easy enough to
imagine a scenario where it could happen.

--
*The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn