Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need a sound recorder, what should I get?

Robert Macy wrote:

On Mar 12, 6:34 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
PeterD wrote:

So call the landlord, and let them deal with it. No recording is going
to be worth a hill of beans, because you have no indication of the
volume of the sound. A sound meter would work, but a recording is
worth exactly nothing.

A video & audio recording of the sound level meter would. One with a
valid time stamp, or small 'Atomic Clock' next to the sound level meter
would be even better.

Good ideas.

Does the dBC spec follow sound pressure?

Or, does it follow the Fletcher-Munson Curve?

There is a little information he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-weighting#C