John Stumbles

Default Pushfit plumbing question

PoP wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:50:47 +0100, "John Stumbles"
] wrote:

Had one Speedfit (tm) fail where the grab ring (plastic 'crown' shaped piece
with metal teeth in the petals of the crown) seems to have split in 2. Had
one Hep2O fail where the O ring split. Had one Speedfit weep where it went
onto copper pipe which was a bit gritty or dented (forget which). Discovered
that 22mm Speedfit doesn't work on 3/4" copper tube :-)

You are filling me with confidence about Speedfit fittings. I can't
wait to give them a try.

To put into perspective those are the failures I've had in hundreds of
connectors. I've also had compression joints that have given me
callbacks, solder joints that ****ed water and I could never get
leak-free, threaded joints on radiators and a hot water cylinder that
I've had to drain down and re-make etc. All the fun of the game :-)

Generally I find pushfit more reliable than compression and a lot less
fiddly than either compression or solder.