Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default OT] How to transfer data from one computer to another.?

On 12/03/2010 09:28, Donwill wrote:
Chris J Dixon wrote:
Donwill wrote:

I have a lap top at home and a net book for going on holiday with,
unfortunately the net book does not have a CD Drive so I cannot load
in the user's manual for my recently purchased camera. I can however
load it into the lap top.
How do I transfer the info from one to the other please, can I just
connect from one to the other via their respective usb ports and is
there software available in XP to transfer the data?

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/248

It can be done, but only using a special bridging cable,
otherwise there is risk of damage.

I would suggest that a USB memory stick is probably the best
solution.

Chris

Many thanks, I should have thought of that before.
Problem solved.
Thanks again
Don

Seems like it's too late for this suggestion, but in case of future need
here it is.

My first thought was to go to the manufacturer's website to find if it
is available for download. If so, simply download to whichever
machine(s) you wish. This is particularly sensible as sometimes the
downloadable version is more up-to-date than the one supplied on CD.

--
Rod