Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill[_3_] Donwill[_3_] is offline

Default OT] How to transfer data from one computer to another.?

Chris J Dixon wrote:
Donwill wrote:

I have a lap top at home and a net book for going on holiday with,
unfortunately the net book does not have a CD Drive so I cannot load in
the user's manual for my recently purchased camera. I can however load
it into the lap top.
How do I transfer the info from one to the other please, can I just
connect from one to the other via their respective usb ports and is
there software available in XP to transfer the data?

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/248

It can be done, but only using a special bridging cable,
otherwise there is risk of damage.

I would suggest that a USB memory stick is probably the best
solution.

Chris

Many thanks, I should have thought of that before.
Problem solved.
Thanks again
Don