Posted to rec.woodworking
Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Ivan Vegvary[_2_] is offline

Default Sliding Medicin Chest Mirror (help)

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message
el...
On 03/11/2010 01:35 PM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Anyway, since SHMBO loves the mirror, here is what I would like to do:
1) Build my own cabinet using 1/4" stock, allowing for the 2" pipe
intrusion.
2) Put the mirror on some kind of 'glide' so, in order to open it, one
would
simply slide it along the wall from left to right.

1) Frame mirror in wooden frame. (If it isn't already.)

2) Mount 18" full extension drawer slides behind the frame, top and
bottom. One part screws to the frame, the other part to the wall. This
will space the back of the frame 1/2" away from the wall. If that's too
much space, you could recess the slide into the frame somewhat.

Chris

Chris,
Thanks for your reply. Very useful. Yes, the mirror is already framed.

Ivan Vegvary