Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Cross cutting a dado

On 3/11/2010 1:43 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Jack wrote in
:

Puckdropper

Level Floors
I am the one who suggested the rolling work bench for a side table. I
have used this same table and saw three different garages of signficant
diferent ages. I have found that even if the floor is not quite level it
does not make a lot of difference. Unless you are working with thick
materials that do not bend, most wood will easily bend a quarter to a
half an inch over the lenght of the piece.

Practically this means that your side table can differ in height from
the saw by that much and there will be no problem. You may have to lift
the end of the board a little when you reach the table, but practically
it does not effect the purpose of the side table which is to support
long pieces of wood.