Posted to rec.woodworking
Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Ivan Vegvary[_2_] is offline

Default Sliding Medicin Chest Mirror (help)

Okay, it's not a medicine chest yet. Newly remodeled bathroom, hole in the
wall centered above the sink, gorgeous mirror covering the hole in the wall.
Standard medicine cabinet will not fit because of 2 inch vent stack passing
vertically up through the middle. Cannot be changed.

Anyway, since SHMBO loves the mirror, here is what I would like to do:
1) Build my own cabinet using 1/4" stock, allowing for the 2" pipe
intrusion.
2) Put the mirror on some kind of 'glide' so, in order to open it, one would
simply slide it along the wall from left to right.

Mirror is approximately 24" tall and 18 inches wide.
I need help recommending "glides". I was thinking something along the lines
of the system used to support fine cabinet drawers. Maybe something simpler
is available. All suggestions and links greatly appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary