Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 144,000 horsepower

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 06:15:52 -0800, Robatoy wrote:

15-20 knots and 6-ft chop wouldn't even get my old Hoby 16 airborne. I
miss that thing, but I couldn't take the pounding at this age.

I'm not a boat nut, but a friend of mine had an old wooden sailboat in
Southern California. I believe it was a ketch -20 some feet long -
anyway a rig he could handle by himself. Oak with a heavy lead keel. He
claimed it wouldn't even get moving till the Coast Guard put out the
small craft warning :-).