Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 144,000 horsepower

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:01:09 -0500, the infamous Pat Barber
scrawled the following:

Which is how/why she could do 44kts(50mph), which is
pretty much hauling ass for anything that size in the
water.

If you thought that was a sharp bow profile (which I feel is pretty
much standard for destroyers and other navy ships) check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/yeurjz6 The HSV-2 Swift, a 323-foot U.S. Navy
high-speed vessel with a real knife-edge bow and outriggers.

I wonder how much wood they burn in her boilers. (lame attempt to
bring it back on topic)

--
There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits
to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder.