Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cross cutting a dado

"J MOHNKE" wrote in
om:

I made my workbench the same height as my table saw. The saw sets at
the end of my workbench, and acts as an extension for the saw for
cross cutting. The saw is on rollers and can be turned 90 deg. for
ripping plywood. Also my radial saw, is at the same height and sets
next to the table saw, so they all support each other. The rip fence
on the T/S makes a perfect stop for the R/S when making cutoffs. I
have my shop a small 2 car garage and space is very limited.

Joe

I measured my bench. 1/4" taller than the saw. Rats. When I get the
garshop switched around, I'm going to flip the bench over on its back and
cut its legs down. Then put leveling feet in there so I can make sure
it's exactly the same height as my TS.

I wound up raising the saw a little bit and getting close enough. The
dados have all been cut, and it's almost time to test the fit.

Puckdropper