Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Red Cedar queston

On 3/9/2010 7:14 AM, Norvin wrote:
My son asked what I thought about using western red cedar as interior
millwork around doors and windows. Since I am not that familiar with
cedar, I thought I would ask here. All pros and cons are welcome.

Simply a matter of taste. Western Red Cedar is used mostly as an
exterior wood, but I've used it on the interior on many occasions (I've
a built quite a few recording studios in the past and many of those had
control rooms fitted out entirely in WRC).

WRC can be bought either rough, or planed, and often with a tongue and
groove which makes a nice wall panel.

Nice wood to work with, tools easily, and its light in weight, so easy
to handle in cramped quarters ... it smells good when cut.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08