Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default I was almost impounded, laptop saved me

On 2010-03-06, RogerN wrote:
It's bad that you need a laptop and wireless broadband because the police
don't know the law.
Yes, and it could be much, much worse.

I guess it's guilty until proven innocent? I just wish you could
sue the police for trying to impound you because of their mistake,
they need to be held accountable for their actions. They will have
to be more careful and make sure not to pull over people with
wireless broadband.
I do not think that I can sue them for trying to impound it, but if
they did, I would have a case.

I have a 1 ton pickup truck and always thought it would be nice to have a
large capacity trailer so I could take my forklift with me to a machinery
auction and haul some toys home.
I will personally get a Class C license, just in case.

I've been considering getting a non-commercial class A license so I have
maximum flexibility.

No such animal any longer.
Class A,B,C are all CDL.
Used to be that you could get one and then if you were hauling personal
items you didn't have to worry about much. Now you have to have a
current medical ID to drive any vehicle if you have a CDL.
They have been changing the laws a bunch over the past couple years.
PLUS the states can still enact stricter laws. Some states are really
cracking down on heavy looking loads. Others are enacting BS laws that
will catch you for odd crap. Florida put into effect a law that was
tagging a lot of Suburban, Excursion, Dually owners for driving out of
class. It made big news in the RV/Trailer crowd for a few months.

--
Steve W.

Last I looked non-commercial A still existed here.