Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Off Topic: Darwin Award

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 12:19:50 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey
scrawled the following:

On 3/3/2010 4:35 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Some scientists speculate that a lightning strike hit the primordial
soup and it sprang to life.... over time...more so for some than
others....nebber mind.. BRAINSSSS

Something to mull over on a quiet evening...

Or not.

What do you suppose the odds are of a lightning strike producing a
single single DNA (the basis for everything we recognize as being
"alive") molecule from some random glob of "soup"?

Gazillions to one, minimum. That much juice fries/explodes anything
it touches, including _stone_.

Life globules come from something a wee bit more subtle, I gar-on-tee.

--
An author spends months writing a book, and maybe puts his
heart's blood into it, and then it lies about unread till