Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Woodworking school recommendations wanted.

On 3/4/2010 7:28 PM, me wrote:
Hi - I have a sabatical coming up and thought about going to a woodworking
school to hone my skills / take them up a notch. I do functional stuff and
have built most of the case goods in my house. Not into Chippendale, 19th
Century ... 'fancy' stuff. I like Greene and Greene style.
I'd like to take a poll and get recommendations for and against any schools
the community has experience with. I'm looking for something 1 - 2 weeks
long and would consider any part of the country.
TIA for recommendations.

This organization has shown an increasing presence at the various woodworking
shows I've attended in recent years, and taking some time out to attend one of
their classes is on my long list of to-dos:

http://www.homesteadheritage-woodworking.com/

I've been to their facility for their annual crafts fair:

http://www.homesteadcraftfair.com/

and it was a very enjoyable experience; I don't doubt that their woodworking
classes would be just as enjoyable.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.