Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Air Compressor Problem - Motor Stalls

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 03:13:01 GMT, Sparks Fergusson wrote:
Alan Douglas wrote:

Assuming it's a 120V/240V motor connected for 120, can you check to
see if both run windings are actually connected? Perhaps a nut is
working loose on the terminal plate inside the motor.

Hmm, you might have something, there! This motor is probably 15+ years
old, and has never had anything done to it. Could corrosion and/or
loose connections account for the lack of power? I can certainly try
cleaning and tightening anything I can get to.

Thanks!

check the brushes and commutator.