Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sparks Fergusson Sparks Fergusson is offline

Default Air Compressor Problem - Motor Stalls

Sansui Samari wrote:

On Mar 3, 9:13=A0pm, (Sparks Fergusson) wrote:

I agree to check the brushes, if it's not a brushless motor.

It's an AC induction motor, so no brushes. Could it be a capacitor
issue?

Does the unloader bleed the entire tank off? If so, then the check valve is
probably bad.

It's a combination check/unloader valve. I cleaned and lubricated it,
and it appears to be working fine. The tank holds pressure - the
unloader just vents the tube between the tank and the compressor.

It could also be that your shutoff set point has self
adjusted back.

Good thought, but the pressure switch seems to be functioning well. I
am getting around the problem by turning down the pressure below the
point where the motor stalls. But, that's only about 90 psi, which is
not as much as I'd like. Plus, the problem seems to be getting worse.

Thanks!