Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default Cutting concrete blocks

On 4 Mar, 10:04, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:
"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote in message

David WE Roberts wrote:
I intend to use stretcher bond to build single block walls but will
obviously have to cut blocks to fit in doors and windows and also where
the wall length is not divisible by the block length.

I find it quicker and easier to use bricks to fill in odd shapes. Some
still need to be cut, but that is easily done with a bolster chisel.

Colin Bignell

I am trying to avoid mixing concrete bricks and blocks as much as possible
because of the appearance.
I will have to do this around the lintels but as I don't plan to render I
want to keep the general appearance of the front as neat as posssible.

could use concrete "commons" (bricks) - same colour as blocks
(usually:)

Cheers
JimK