Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Bar oil for electric chain saw.

"Steve B" wrote in message

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
I have an electric McCulloch pole chain saw being delivered tomorrow. I
have bar oil for a gas chain saw. Can it be used in an electric chain saw
or is there a different (viscosity) bar oil for electrics?

--

Bill

Same stuff. Get yourself a pack of pipe cleaners to keep the oil channel
clean. If you can ever find a tube brush that small, they work great.

Steve

I have not checked it out, but have read that the Bar oil is made to break
down and not harm nature. Good for the environment , where regular motor
type oil is bad for the environment.
If it were not for that, just about any oil would be ok .