Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA[_2_] Andrew VK3BFA[_2_] is offline

Default OT Its getting bloody awful!

On Mar 4, 9:37*am, Wes wrote:
Andrew VK3BFA wrote:
Lighten up folks - there's some good people here, with things to say.
Lets hear them for a while.

Okay, just to make you happy.

Wes

Wow - that was a mental exercise there - (the latter) - I knew what
you were talking about, but had to actually "think" while I was
reading it - (an arduous task I prefer to avoid). You are fortunate
that you are able to do these things in your own shop,...
But thanks - a good exercise in finding, testing, planning a job.
Logical thinking - you probably do it automatically after all these
years.

AND - as for "losing" the 3 jaw chuck - Sorry Wes, it aint going to
get any better. Same here, hate it. The worst is when the phone rings
while you are holding something - you put it down automatically to
answer the phone, and then it vanishes, sometimes for ever......

My current job - not nearly as grand. Cut sheet of 3mm aluminium,
used a flycutter to cut 2 holes, the same exhaust diameter of 2 hard
rubbish PC power supplies. This was then mounted, recessed, into the
original vent outlet plate on the caravan refrigerator. And a *******
of a job that was - the plastic was brittle, in the end the only thing
that could touch it was the Dremel with mini-cutoff wheels - still
finding bits of them everywhere.. The thermo syphon fridge does like
hot weather, it cant get the heat out of the back, so the fans should
help.
Also welded up a frame to hold a portable mast for when I go bush
amateur radio - its hanging on the clothes line, the first coat of
paint drying.

So. My commiserations on finding the lost chuck, and thanks for a nice
metalwork story.

Andrew VK3BFA