Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default OT Its getting bloody awful!

On 3/3/2010 3:01 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

BTW, this may not be exactly what you need, but did you ever see the drywall
carrier published in _Fine Homebuilding_ ...sheesh, maybe a decade or two
ago?g

Missed it by *that* much.

Picture the bottom part of that Telpro thingy, without the wheels, and with
a loop of rope for a handle. This lets you carry sheets of drywall with your
arm hanging down straight, rather than trying to hold on to both sides. You
just put your other arm on the other edge of the drywall sheet (now the top)
to steady it. The rope loop is the right length to keep the carrier a few
inches off the ground, and the carrier part is made of three scraps of
plywood screwed together. I think the configuration should be obvious -- I
hope.

Slick! The "Secret Agent" version is the 'Pocket Troll' Model 29.
http://www.telproinc.com/

I like the way it folds up into 'pocket size'.
At 26 bucks it is a tad more expensive than some scrap plywood and rope,
though.

Anyway, I use one for carrying a couple of sheets around at a time, with no
problem. I also use it for carrying sheets of plywood. It's one heck of a
lot easier than manhandling them.

Very nifty. I love that kind of stuff.

Also many articles in _Fine Homebuilding_ that made me smack my forehead,
because of the ingenious methods revealed to solve 'impossible' problems.

http://www.finehomebuilding.com/item...your-old-paint

--Winston