Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
jloomis jloomis is offline

Default Small Home Project

Nice tie in. Don't you love the inspectors. I deal with that always.
Being a Building Contractor I have to decide whether to bring in the County
Office or go for it.
sometimes in a rural area I can get away without a permit.
I tell you, I build it stronger than the engineer too.
Looks like you did a very nice job! Not sure why the gas vent is coming out
at an angle?
Anyway, it does not hurt anything and all that is is cosmetic.
Hey, good work.
John
"Dave In Texas" wrote in message
The 11-12 foot breezeway from my back entry door to the garshop has
sported a tacked-on plastic paneled cover since we bought the house 20
years
ago. Last summer's hail storm prompted me to tear it off last fall (bad
timing going into hunting season). Formulated a building plan, did a few
Sketchup drawings (mostly to calculate some dimensions) and started
putting
it all together (alone - ugh) in January. Tried not permitting it but our
small, bedroom community "code enforcement officer" spotted the framing
and
paid me a visit. Re-did my drawings and waited out the plan approver.
Now to take a couple of weeks off to rest - and heal. I'm getting too
old to do this, especially the structural framing stuff alone.

Dave in Houston