Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Off Topic: Darwin Award

On Mar 3, 12:39*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/3/10 6:23 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

wrote in
:

I thought mythbusters totally disproved it?

That was one that they proved. *If you have a solid stream of liquid to act
as a conductor, electricity can follow it. *They had quite a bit of trouble
getting a solid stream, but suceeded in the end.

Puckdropper

Really? *We're using mythbusters as our final word on science?

Love the show, but they *hardly* hold to scientific method and
occasionally get it right.

In this particular case, if the voltage/current is high enough, you
don't need a "continuous stream." *The electricity can arc from drop to
drop to drop.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

The voltage would have to be one heckuva lot higher than the 600 volts
typically found on a third rail, which is what Mythbusters was trying
to establish.
For a charge to jump from one drop to the next, to the next the
voltage would have to be a lot higher, such as an electric fence.

Other than that, Mythbusters is a 'reality' show with a twist. They
like blowing **** up to get ratings. One is supposed to suspend any
belief in scientific methods.

Why so serious?