Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Off Topic: Darwin Award

On 3/3/10 6:23 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
wrote in
:

I thought mythbusters totally disproved it?

That was one that they proved. If you have a solid stream of liquid to act
as a conductor, electricity can follow it. They had quite a bit of trouble
getting a solid stream, but suceeded in the end.

Puckdropper

Really? We're using mythbusters as our final word on science?

Love the show, but they *hardly* hold to scientific method and
occasionally get it right.

In this particular case, if the voltage/current is high enough, you
don't need a "continuous stream." The electricity can arc from drop to
drop to drop.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)