Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Off Topic: Darwin Award

On 3/3/2010 7:36 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:

Great story ... we had electric fences when I was growing up and
getting zapped in some manner was a constant. Dad still uses them on
his horse farm to keep the yearlings honest.

Had too much sense to pee on one, but I can't tell you how many times
I got zapped trying to duck under one to get into the the next pasture
instead of walking a half mile to the gate ... a sweaty bare back
makes for hell of a conductor.

We had cows. Though in truth, I've never pee'd on an electric fence, I can
remember too many oops moments as I tried to step/jump over one. There is
that one moment when you realize you're straddling the thing and gravity is
going to win again...

Misjudging the distance to the fence, in the dark, will have the same
effect. Seems electric fence height is most effective about crotch high.

I do recall summer nights watching the sparks when the breezes blew the
Johnson grass stems against the fence ... no TV, had to get your
entertainment where you could!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08