Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default Cutting concrete blocks

On 3 Mar, 08:51, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:
"JimK" wrote in message

On Mar 2, 3:38 pm, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

I'm having a little trouble visualising all this but here goes:-

As I am building up to my 3 rear boundaries I have decided to site the
stove
pipe as far away from all the neighbours and their washing as
possible.

but will they (reasonably) be hanging washing out when you need the
stove lit?

Yes - the two neighbours at the bottom of my garden (I am near a corner
where two roads meet so the gardens of the houses in the street at right
angles go across the bottom of my garden) both put washing out every day.
The bottom but one garden has an impressive pole which raises the washing
up
to first floor level - rather like the flags of a ship entering port.

but do they really hang washing out on rainy days or in winter when
it's proper cold?!

snip

Bloody cold at the moment, but not raining.
I expect to see washing hanging out soon.
They hang washing out any day it is not raining.

Can I ask you in turn if you only heat your house on rainy days or in
winter?
Or do you heat it when it is cold?

erm yes naturally and obviously I heat it whenever i like - tho of
course I am not using a smokey stove in a shed surrounded by other
peoples houses, gardens and washing.

The point I am getting at is:- do you seriously believe you will get
less complaints (originating) from your neighbours because your smoke
stack is a "couple of metres" further away from their washing than it
could be?

I suspect someone will complain esp as you appear from what you've
described to be in a built up area - is it a smoke control area? -
have you asked neighbours what they think of your plan?

Also if you plan on heating it every time its "cold" have you also
thought how much fuel you will need to burn? and where to store it?
Could be the rest of the garden! :)

I think you may find those two points worthy of consideration,
however, obviously, it's entirely up to you :)

Cheers
JimK