Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default Cutting concrete blocks

"JimK" wrote in message
On Mar 2, 3:38 pm, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

I'm having a little trouble visualising all this but here goes:-

As I am building up to my 3 rear boundaries I have decided to site the
stove
pipe as far away from all the neighbours and their washing as
possible.

but will they (reasonably) be hanging washing out when you need the
stove lit?

Yes - the two neighbours at the bottom of my garden (I am near a corner
where two roads meet so the gardens of the houses in the street at right
angles go across the bottom of my garden) both put washing out every day.
The bottom but one garden has an impressive pole which raises the washing
up
to first floor level - rather like the flags of a ship entering port.

but do they really hang washing out on rainy days or in winter when
it's proper cold?!

snip

Bloody cold at the moment, but not raining.
I expect to see washing hanging out soon.
They hang washing out any day it is not raining.

Can I ask you in turn if you only heat your house on rainy days or in
winter?
Or do you heat it when it is cold?

Over time I am bound to want to heat the workshop when they are hanging
washing out so I am trying to minimise the impact.

With an oblong room it is logical to put the heat source as near the centre
of the long wall as possible.
This also puts it (in my case) as far away from the doors as possible.
Choice is then rear wall (right next to washing line) or front wall.
Simples.