Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Multimaster-type tools and blades.

On Mar 2, 10:07 am, Robatoy wrote:

Excellent. The Dremel metal/Wood blade is half the price of a Fein
(even if bought in a 3-pack)....just bought one and I will see how it
stacks up.
I shall report back after a demolition job tomorrow.

I would be interested to hear what you think. I have used the hell
out of a couple of the blades that came with the HF unit and they
still work fine. I expected them to melt like wax.

But so far, the half moon blade has cut through (trimmed up the
bottom) of about 24 feet of 20 year old hard yellow pine siding
without much more than scratching the paint off of it.

Another one I ground smooth cutting roofing, but I expected that.

But their blade replacement 3 pack was on sale the other day, so I got
three more smaller blades for $7.95.

Like I said in an earlier post, if I had known how much I would use
this type of tool, I might have purchased a Fein years ago. But the
particular "kit" that Fein sold that I was looking at was $400 at
Amazon, and it came with 3 blades and a box. On occasion, it was on
sale at Woodcraft for $378 or something silly like that, with a blade
thrown in.

But the consumables.... ouch!

One of the reasons I bought the HF unit a couple of months ago was the
fact that I had a specific job in mind for it, and I could buy the
machine that came with the blade I needed in the box for less than the
blade alone in Fein brand.

I would like to hear how other blades perform in any machine, though
when compared to Fein.

Robert