Posted to rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Trash day can't come soon enough

On 2010-03-02, Puckdropper puckdropper wrote:

just a regular hasp (or a turning hasp) would work. If I put a lock on
it, then everyone would need a key to get inside....

The bear proof dumpsters use turning hasps PLUS an old-fashion steel keychain
slide clip attached to a chain. A good carbiner type clip might work, too.

http://tinyurl.com/ydtrp3r
http://images.solidcactus.com/autoba...p-keychain.jpg

Another thought. I'm no woodworker, but seems to me putting lengths
of 1"x1" or 1"x2" around the inside edges of the hinged lid would not
only make it stiffer, but would further obstruct those "handy"
racoons.

nb