Posted to rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Trash day can't come soon enough

On 2010-03-02, Puckdropper puckdropper wrote:

My main concerns are racoons and snow right now. I might put wheels on it
to make it easy to take to the end of the driveway.

What kinda wild animals? Short of bears, you should have no problems.
A stout wood box with slanted hinged cover w/ clasp lock should keep
the smaller varmints out. All our regular dumpsters have black
plastic hinged tops, so snow accumulation is not a problem. A slick
black paint or roofing material should work.

If you have bears, it's a whole new ballgame. Our disposal company
gave us a couple bear-proof dumpsters after a rash of bear problems,
last Fall. Hell, human beings can barely get into them! They're the
child-proof caps of dumpsters.

nb