Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Snow Cover On Roof Provides Wind Protection?

Stormin Mormon wrote the following:
That story is repeated, the world over. People
undererstimate how much gasoline a generator can
use. Wide open, some take a galon an hour.

For the rest of us, fill the gas cans before the
storm. During the storm, minimize the electric
use, so the gas lasts longer.

The power, cable TV and Roadrunner came back on at about 8:20 PM
tonight. For a while we didn't have landline phone either.
I saw some utility guys from Michigan earlier today working on the lines.
My Generac 5500XL generator ran through about 30 gallons of gas for the
72 hours running the whole house. It has a 7 gallon tank and it lasted
for about 16 hours a tank full, so that works out to about 0.44 gallons
an hour.
I have a lot of broken branches to clean up, and a 12" diameter Maple
tree trunk split off from the main trunk and cut a nice junk out of my
6' high wooden privacy fence.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY