Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default LCD Monitor problem - pixel over saturated in pictures where colors change

William Sommerwerck wrote:
First thing I saw was orange areas around faces...

Do you mean there's smearing or "blooming"?

I don't know the proper term I guess.

On faces, there were irregular bright orange areas on faces, mostly near the
edges.

The lake picture had bright blue areas scattered of the darker blue surface,
along with exagerated colors on some of the surrounding mountains and
vegetation.

It showed things OK as far as I could tell on windows like outlook express where
colors were solid with sharp edges. Other windows with "solid" colors that fade
slightly from one shade to another would have exagerated colors in parts of
those shaded areas.

I tried taking some pictures. I'll see if I can find a place to post them.