Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default Lathe lessons

A woodturners club is probably one of your best bets for learning.
Most will have a library so you can check out books. They have monthly
demonstrations, and some have workshops, and mentors. There are so
many different types of things to turn, it is difficult to recommend
any one book, but Craft Supplies USA has a great library,or if there
is a Woodcraft store near by, they have a good library as well.

I did a lot of flat work till I got my lathe.

robo hippy

On Feb 27, 8:24*am, "Max" wrote:
"Russ Stanton" wrote

Two suggestions:

1 Go to the web site for the AAWwww.woodturner.organd look for chapters
near you.
2. Go to youtube and search on woodturning videos, there are a great many
of them covering many topics.
Russ

Thank you.
I've Googled the subject and picked up any number of tips but I'm really
interested in a book or video (preferably) that might be available.
I've located a local chapter of Woodturners and I will be contacting them..
A neighbor, whose husband passed away a few months ago, *gave* me a
Craftsman lathe that's seen very little use. It's about 25 years old.
If I find myself enjoying the craft, I'll be willing to invest in a much
higher quality machine.
I have a fairly well equipped woodworking shop but have never attempted
woodturning.

Thanks again,
Max