Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Harbor Freight Multi-tool WOW!

On 2/27/2010 8:46 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in :

On 27 Feb 2010 13:16:01 GMT, wrote:

wrote in news:0-
:

On 2/26/2010 10:54 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Of course it is; marketing is an inescapable part of modern
business. That makes them no worse than any other tool dealer or
manufacturer, at least.

As they say, marketing is the practice of convincing fools they can
pick up a turd by the clean end, and the biggest problem with modern
marketing is that government entities are now practicing it, due
mainly to the proliferation of fools.

Thanks to the school systems that proliferate superstitions, and
deliver high school graduates that (should be who, but they're not
really fully grown people) only read at 2nd grade level.

Don't be so hard on poor Swingman. He means well!

I'm ot hard on Swingman at all. Au contraire! I'm just explaining (part
of) his "... due mainly to the proliferation of fools."

SIL and daughter teach in highschools in "disadvantaged" districts - math
and physics, respectively. The school systems have failed the kids
miserably. It's not even that the kids aren't willing to learn, they
just never got in the habit, and have few incentives. Of course, the
parents (if any) aren't blameless either ...

Trouble is, the kids quote can earn more in 1 year on the street than the
best teachers get in 5 years. I'm not talking life expectancy, though.

And, speaking of fools, the particular one to whom you were replying is
Bozo Binned, where such fools belong ... a word to the woodworking wise
who actually practice same.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08