Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Harbor Freight Multi-tool WOW!

On 2/27/2010 2:16 AM, mac davis wrote:

On 2010-02-26, wrote:
I've had mine for about a year and it's saved me a ton of time, but:
Unless you really torque it, the blades tend to vibrate loose.

I thought this was THE major problem with the HF units and made them no
bargain. Has someone figured out a solution or are they OK if used
only in the occassional home DIY environment?

nb

I really don't see it as a problem.. I find that if I torque it with the wrench
provided and check it between cuts, it holds fine.. Especially for a $34 power
tool..

Has anybody tried the Fein star-mount adapter on it?
http://www.amazon.com/Fein-3-01-09-189-01-0-Mount-Adaptor-MultiMaster/dp/B000F6G896/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1267276045&sr=1-22
or http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzg4hyk