Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Freight Multi-tool WOW!

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

I guess when Harbor Freight copies a tool, they really copy a tool. Even
if the original tool had flaws. This would appear to be two distinct
coies of theoriginal. I would have been more impressed with an imporved
version.

Maybe they figure a cheapie model with the bad blade mounting.

And a more expensive model with the mounting problem solved.

They get their foot in the door with a cheap knockoff. Then they "upgrade"
you to a better model. Marketing is alive and well at Harbor Freight.

I'm not so sure Lee. They don't seem to be too marketing savvy. It seems
they approach things with a more simplistic philosophy - simply copy. I
suspect the originals were simply the product that had initially been
produced to copy the Fein, and now they have to get rid of the stock, since
they are now copying the improved version.

--

-Mike-