Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default LCD Monitor problem - pixel over saturated in pictures where colors change

Bob F wrote in message
I have an old Sony LCD SDM-S81 that worked fine for me for a couple weeks

after
I got it used. Today, I found it displaying pictures badly, distorting the
colors by seemingly greatly exagerating the intensity of colors in areas

with
changing shades of colors (Photos and Video, mostly). Additionally, the

colors
seem to flicker, as if the problem alternates at a high rate.

Can anyone give me any advance clues as to what to look for when I open it

up?

It is the monitor. Plugging in my old CRT shows no suck problem.

Thanks.

Sell it to a dance/night club ?