Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Harbor Freight Multi-tool WOW!

On 2/26/10 9:51 PM, notbob wrote:
On 2010-02-27, David wrote:

The "new" (variable-speed) tool has an improved mounting system, perhaps
similar to Fein's new one.

Are you still referring to the Harbor Freight unit (var)? What would
be the advantage to one of these tools being variable? If slowed
down too much, seems it would lose its effectiveness and bog down.
OTOH, I have no experience with one.

nb

I think there could be an advantage to slower speeds or sanding and
scraping.
Sanding too fast could burn or clog, etc., for example.

But you're right about cutting... seems the faster it is, the more
control you have.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)