Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Freight Multi-tool WOW!

On 2/26/2010 7:51 PM notbob spake thus:

On 2010-02-27, David Nebenzahl wrote:

The "new" (variable-speed) tool has an improved mounting system, perhaps
similar to Fein's new one.

Are you still referring to the Harbor Freight unit (var)? What would
be the advantage to one of these tools being variable? If slowed
down too much, seems it would lose its effectiveness and bog down.
OTOH, I have no experience with one.

Though I wasn't commenting on that aspect of the tool, I agree that
being able to vary the speed isn't a plus in my book either. I was just
pointing out that the variable-speed version has a different, presumably
better tool-mounting system.

- a Usenet "apology"