Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Freight Multi-tool WOW!

On 2/26/2010 3:43 PM -MIKE- spake thus:

On 2/26/10 5:03 PM, notbob wrote:

On 2010-02-26, wrote:

I've had mine for about a year and it's saved me a ton of time, but:
Unless you really torque it, the blades tend to vibrate loose.

I thought this was THE major problem with the HF units and made them no
bargain. Has someone figured out a solution or are they OK if used
only in the occassional home DIY environment?

I've never experience them coming loose.

Apparently the old "multifunction tool" (the one I got for $35 recently)
has this problem. After looking at the mounting system for the cutting
tools, I can see why: there are 4 little nubs on the mounting plate that
could easily get worn down.

The "new" (variable-speed) tool has an improved mounting system, perhaps
similar to Fein's new one.

- a Usenet "apology"