Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snow Cover On Roof Provides Wind Protection?

When I was a kid, I used to make snow caves, and
burry myself in snow. Much warmer than being on
the surface.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03"
wrote in message

I spent some time in Alaska. It would be 20 - 30F
below zero and the
huskies would just lie down and get buried in the
falling snow. We'd
go out for walks and see these mounds of snow
start to move and up
would pop the huskies, all warm and toasty ready
to go romping through
the tundra.

On days when we didn't get snow, the dogs would
find a place to huddle
together out of the wind to try and keep warm.

They certainly knew how good of an insulator the
snow was.